Lead Customer Engineer
Who are we?
Energyworx is a rapidly growing energy data analytics company, operating in a changing world of energy use. In this world, we transition from fossil fuels to a much more complex supply & demand model, and change from centralized to distributed energy generation. People and communities care about energy efficiency and want to be engaged in reducing their environmental impact. This requires a rethink of the structure and suppleness of the Smart Grid and its systems. Data is fuelling the industry and Energyworx is putting these disparate data streams and stores to use with high tech energy intelligence to solve today’s information challenges. In this way, we deliver value in days, rather than months or years. Our mission is to enable the global energy evolution in the energy industry. We therefore only work with the most talented people who share our DNA. Do you have what it takes?
What does your job entail?
As a Lead Customer Engineer you are the owner of incoming incidents and bugs. This includes managing and prioritizing the support activities and communication with our customers. You will be the lead and mentor of the Energyworx’ customer engineering team (1 - 4 colleagues). Together with your team you will be responsible for keeping our customers happy, by making sure we will meet our SLA targets, proactively communicate towards our customers frequent status updates and reports. Part of your tasks will also be very hands-on: Data engineering will be an important part of this job. You will be (pro)actively debugging in our cloud environment to investigate, understand and solve the root causes of problems in our platform. Part of your job entails safeguarding our support processes for incidents and improving those where possible. As a Lead Customer Engineer you are the protector of the team and not afraid to push back once in a while towards the customer, in a professional and tactical manner, to make sure your team can work as efficiently as possible. In addition, you are the integrator between customers, partners (if applicable), the Energyworx’ development team and your own team.
Who are you?
You have a strong focus on processes and know how to define and monitor processes inside and outside the organization. Besides that you are a proactive and service oriented communicator. You know how to clearly explain processes and approaches and you know how to convince colleagues and customers. You have experience with and/or a strong interest in leading a small team. Besides leading a team and closely working together with our customers, you are also very hands on and you have outstanding Cloud debugging skills. You have the desire to develop a deep understanding of the platform and know how to keep an overview. You get enthusiastic by happy customers, continuous testing and tackling recurring issues by introducing automation. You value high levels of quality and you are a problem-solving talent, who knows how to act in a rapidly changing environment like Energyworx.
- Bachelor or Master degree (HBO/WO) in computer science or a related discipline
- Experience with customer service and technical support, preferably within a team setting
- Experience with leading a team
- Experience with (re)defining and monitoring support processes
- Programming skills in Python
- Hands-on Cloud debugging experience
- Experience with version control (git)
- Experience with Linux and command line tools
- Experience with end-to-end test automation
- Experience and/or affinity with cloud services, serverless architectures, and data processing & analytics
- Fluent in English, both in writing and verbally
- Familiarity with tools in the Atlassian stack (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket) is a nice to have
- Previous experience with a SaaS platform is a nice to have
- Management and coaching skills
- Protector of the team, in a professional and tactical manner
- Solution oriented and proactive
- Customer and quality focused
- Strong communicator
- Accurate / systematic
- Flexible in working hours & attitude
What do we offer?
You are going to work in a fast paced, dynamic and innovative environment! You will deal with large data volumes and data engineering will be a big part of your role. You are going to be surrounded by talented people who challenge you, with room for fun during work. We encourage you to take ownership, be creative, to learn, to experiment and to develop yourself by continuously working with the best technologies and solutions. At Energyworx we are shaping the future together!