Digital Transformation – first results in weeks – customer exampleSeptember 25th, 2018 by Energyworx
A large European retailer faced significant challenges with managing the enormous increase of data that came with the roll-out of smart meters. Specifically, connecting to a variety of data sources, ingesting high frequency data and the quality of the data, proved to be major issues that affected the core process of this utility.
In an initial project and in less than 2 months, Energyworx successfully delivered on what previously couldn’t be solved in a project that took well over a year.
The secret? One new feature of our Energy Data Management platform that contributed to this success was the Energyworx Smart Integration Framework. With this framework we help utilities to connect to any datasource in just a few days. Another piece of functionality that contributed to this fast-time-to-delivery was that upon ingestion, all data is automatically cleaned by a unique VEE process.
In the project, the specific focus was on ingesting market switch messages and the production of forecasting models and billing determinants.
Some facts about this initial phase:
- Data ingestion of tens of thousands of smart meters – roll out to millions
- 18 months of data – 15 minute interval – ingested in less than 2 hours
- 12 Validation, Estimation and Edit rules configured and applied, leading to much higher data quality
- Ingestion of hundreds of thousands of switch messages from the DSO in less than 15 minutes
- 3 machine learning models were created that led to better precision than the previous model that had been optimized over years
- Machine learning models were created in less than 1 week.
- ‘Training’ those models barely took minutes, whereas running the model now takes 1 second per meter
- Aggregation and creation of monthly billing determinants for all meters takes less than1 second per meter
With the new release of the Energyworx EDM platform, ingestion, VEE and billing determinants are now coming completely out of the box. We understand that’s hard to believe. That’s why will proof it with your data.
Visit us on booth B.m37 at European Utility Week (Vienna), booth 9 on Utility Analytics Week (Orlando) or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org