Technical Solution Architect
Who are we?
Energyworx is a rapidly growing data analytics and machine learning company, operating in a changing world of energy use. In this world, we move away from fossil fuels, transitioning to a diverse energy mix and a change from centralized to distributed generation. People and communities care about energy efficiency and want to be engaged in reducing their environmental impact. This requires a rethink of the structure and suppleness of the Smart Grid and its systems. Data is fuelling the industry and Energyworx is putting these disparate data streams and stores to use with high-tech energy intelligence to solve today’s information challenges. In this way, we deliver value in days rather than months or years. Our mission is to enable global energy evolution in the energy industry. We therefore only work with the most talented people who share our DNA. Do you have what it takes?
What does your work entail?
As a technical solution architect at Energyworx, your main responsibility is the end-to-end technical architecture of the solution that is being implemented based on our own software and the integration of it within the application landscape of our client. The implementation is done by consultants of Energyworx or a systems integrator and involves both a technical and a business part. You are the senior architect leading the overall solution part that involves the design, development, and testing of business flows and rules that operate on our client’s datasets at scale and the integration with the client’s systems and assets.
The (Python) rules can be validation, estimation, detection, aggregation, or forecast rules, some of which use weather data or machine learning techniques. The pluggable rules are orchestrated into flows that execute the core business processes of our energy clients at scale. Consultants create automated test cases for each flow design. Moreover, they coach the client or implementation partners in writing their own rules, running data migrations, and scheduling flows.
Cloud integration involves the implementation of market adapters that form the interfaces between Energyworx and the client’s systems and assets. When integrating with AMI systems (HES and communication infrastructure) that collect the data from critical smart grid infrastructure like smart meters and sensors, security is crucial. The market adapters capture data from AMI or other sources in diverse formats, frequencies, and volumes. Business flows take this data, clean it, check its quality, and run advanced analytics, calculations, and aggregations on it. Outbound interfaces send resulting payloads to enterprise systems, or central data hubs, living on-premises or in another cloud.
In cooperation with the client integration team, you design how to integrate: direct or using an existing service bus. For each interface, you decide to use pub-sub, APIs, or another method. In projects at our clients, you encounter many integration technologies, like REST API, JMS, SFTP, or SOAP web services. You understand common integration design patterns and protocols and master the different ways to integrate with Energyworx Smart Integration.
You are versatile and hands-on. You could do the work of a technical and integration consultant, and you support the Technical Sales team in the pre-sales phase.
As a solution architect, you listen to the customer’s requirements to help them understand their business problems. The result is that you and your colleagues design a solution or a PoC for the client’s challenges and propose this to the commercial team. This consultancy can be executed on-site, at the Energyworx office, or remotely. You work in a high-tech environment with the latest cloud, analytics, and machine learning technologies. Always looking out for interesting innovations, you cooperate with the product team to effectively use these technologies to improve our platform, business use cases, and your working method.
Who are you?
You are enthusiastic and communicative with a good sense of humor. You can listen carefully and understand business challenges. With your creativity, you are independently and proactively able to come up with smart solutions that benefit the customer. You are an expert in designing, implementing, testing, and documenting technical solutions.
- Minimal 10 years of experience as a technical solution consultant;
- Bachelor or Master's degree (HBO/WO) in Computer Science or a related discipline;
- Experience in enterprise system implementation projects, preferably with AMI, MDM, SAP, Salesforce, Microsoft, and/or Oracle systems at energy and utilities companies;
- Experience with Python (Pandas) and good developer skills (design, develop, unit test)
- Familiarity with databases (relational and non-relational) and SQL;
- A good understanding of web protocols (REST, SOAP), integration, and security concepts
- Cloud integration experience with Google, Azure, and AWS;
- Experience with using and configuring Unix systems;
- Fluent in English, both in writing as well as verbally;
- An understanding of the energy industry isn’t a must, but certainly a big plus!
- Strong, professional, and customer-oriented communication skills;
- Ability to design creative solutions to customer problems;
- Ability to explain clearly concrete technical solution designs;
- Ability to push back and protect your project team from changing customer requests;
- Reliable and responsible;
- Flexible in working hours & attitude;
- Willing to travel.
What do we offer?
A fast-paced, dynamic, and innovative environment! Surrounded by talented people who challenge you, with room for fun during work. We encourage you to take ownership and be creative so you can learn, experiment, and develop yourself by continuously working with the best technologies and solutions. At Energyworx, we are shaping the future together!
- 25 vacation days with the option to buy more in alignment with your manager;
- We take care of a healthy lunch, coffee, drinks & snacks;
- Being part of a dynamic and very international team;
- Monthly phone & travel expenses reimbursement;
- Flexibility to work from home or from our office; whatever works for you and your team;
- A laptop from the company (MacBook, etc);
- A flexible pension plan at ASR;
- Work-from-home budget of € 40 - per month;
- A budget to make your workplace at home more comfortable;
- Learning possibilities for your professional development (training, courses, etc);
- Team events & more.
For more information about this vacancy please reach out to us at [email protected] Convinced? Please apply directly!